Another new date! We’ve extended the deadline for Hedgie Gear design submissions to May 7 to accommodate teachers on our judging panel who are participating in the Work to Rule action! All entries must be emailed or postmarked by May 7 to be considered.
This past year has been a rollercoaster ride. Through it all, our school has been there to support us and to help us feel like things are as close to normal as possible. We want to see what that kind of special attention looks like to you.
Grab your pencils, markers, online illustrators or whatever you use to create, and show us your Hedgie pride! One entry from each grade (K-5) will be selected by a panel of judges, and those designs will be available for sale on our Hedgie Gear shop. The artist behind each selected design will receive a t-shirt with their design on it, to wear proudly and to spread the Hillcrest love!
- The Hedgie Gear contest runs March 26-April 23, 2021.
- The contest is open to all Hedgies in grades Kindergarten through Fifth.
- One entry per student. In the event multiple entries are received from one student, the panel will review the last design submitted.
- Entries must include the student’s name, grade, and homeroom teacher.
- Entries can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to 108 Wyndcrest Ave. Catonsville, MD 21228. Emailed entries must be received by 11:59pm on April 23; mailed entries must be postmarked by April 23 and received by April 30.
- You MUST be the creator of the work you submit. Please don’t use anything “borrowed” from online or any other source. We want YOUR art.
- Don’t sign your work! The judging panel will review each entry “blind.”
Winners will be notified by May 7; the winning designs will be available on the Hedgie Gear shop on May 14.
In the meantime, you can shop our existing Hedgie Gear online. Remember, every purchase helps support the work the PTA does to support our school.