The HES PTA is pleased to facilitate a discussion about Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? by Beverly Tatum, PhD, the latest selection of the HES Equity Committee.
Please join us on Thursday, October 1 from 7-8:30 to discuss this “unusually sensitive” national bestseller.
Using the Courageous Conversations protocol (https://courageousconversation.com/about/), we will work together to discuss various aspects of the book. To join our conversation, please use the following Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 870 2854 9195
Our Book Club selections and discussions focus on our part in strengthening racial equity. Please join us if:
- You would like to become more comfortable talking about race.
- You would like to build a greater tolerance for uncomfortable conversations.
- You would like to strengthen the way you listen in conversations about equity.
- You would like to strengthen your capacity to have courageous conversations about racial equity.
- You’re curious and open to diverse points-of-view.