The HES PTA is pleased to facilitate a discussion about An Indigenous Peoples’ History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, the latest selection of the HES Equity Committee.
Please join us on Wednesday, November 18, immediately following the PTA General Meeting, to discuss this “meticulously documented…thought-provoking treatise” and 2015 American Book Award-winner. If you are interested in joining us but cannot purchase your own copy, let us know. We don’t want that to prevent you from sharing your perspective on this or any other title in our series. Email email@example.com for more.
Using the Courageous Conversations protocol (https://courageousconversation.com/about/), we will work together to discuss various aspects of the book. To join our conversation (and to hear what the PTA has been up to!), please use the following Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 844 4345 6597
The General Meeting begins at 7:00 pm, and the book club discussion will follow, around 7:30 pm.
Our Book Club selections and discussions focus on our part in strengthening racial equity. Please join us if:
- You would like to become more comfortable talking about race.
- You would like to build a greater tolerance for uncomfortable conversations.
- You would like to strengthen the way you listen in conversations about equity.
- You would like to strengthen your capacity to have courageous conversations about racial equity.
- You’re curious and open to diverse points-of-view.