Hillcrest is happening this February! Our school has quite a few big events coming up you won’t want to miss!
- Bring the whole family to Hillcrest on Friday, February 20th, from 7-9 p.m. Literature Night 2015 presents “Here Comes Trouble”: Guests will see some well-loved literary trouble-makers in the classrooms at Hillcrest such as Calvin and Hobbes, Ramona, the Cat in the Hat, Harry the Dirty Dog and others as they concoct their fun-loving mischief. There’s still time to take part in this great event and we need volunteers like you to make it a success! There are opportunities big and small, so contact Kelly, Nancy or Allison at email@example.com to be part of the fun.
- Our annual Scholastic Book Fair is also coming up! The book fair will open on Literature Night
(Feb. 20th). Students will visit the book fair with their classes the week of Feb. 23rd – 27th during their library time to look at the books, make wish lists and purchase books. Teachers will have wish lists as well so parents and kids and purchase a book for their classroom. One final book fair event for all will be held on Friday, Feb. 27th in the evening. We will need many volunteers to help during their child’s library time, especially kindergarten and 1st grade parents. Volunteers are also needed for opening night on Feb. 20th, after school each day, and on Friday night, Feb. 27th. For questions about the book fair or to sign up to volunteer, please contact Allison Baird, firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Saturday, February 28th, from 8 p.m. to Midnight, it’s Hedgiepalooza, an adult-only night of fun, food, and friends! Hedgiepalooza will be held at Rolling Road Golf Club, 814 Hilltop Rd. There will be an amazing silent auction, you won’t want to miss. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door and $15 for Hillcrest staff. To purchase your tickets, please contact one of the committee members listed below:
- Lauren Shutz: email@example.com
- Colleen Roberson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Misty Troll: email@example.com
- Leign Ann Ruggles: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda McCaffery: email@example.com