Due to inclement weather the Literature Night 2018 kick-off meeting has been rescheduled for Wednesday, 1/10 at 6:30 pm before the PTA meeting, in the HES library.
Literature Night Event: February 23, 2018
Want to volunteer? Have questions? Have ideas? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This year’s theme: Every Hero Has A Story! Come find out how you can get involved.
Possible book ideas…
- Picture Books: Max Speed, Nightmare in My Closet, Thunderboy Jr., Niño Wrestles the World, Last Stop on Market Street
- Graphic Novels: Baby Mouse series, Squish series, Bone series, American Born Chinese, Persepolis
- Chapter Books: James and the Giant Peach (or anything Roald Dahl), Heroes in Training series, Percy Jackson series, Number the Stars (anything by Lois Lowry), A Wrinkle in Time series, 39 Clues series, His Dark Materials series
- Marvel Universe: Spiderman, X-Men, Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America
- DC Universe: Wonder Woman, Batman,
- More…The Book Thief, Esperanza Rising, Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Secret Garden, Inside Out and Back Again, Black Beauty, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Catherine Called Birdy, One Crazy Summer, Roller Girl